Representatives of the three major anti-fascist campaigns in the area, Notts Stop the BNP, Amber Valley CARF and Deby CARF agreed that the the objectives of the protest against the BNP’s RWB festival on August 15th would be:
- to bring together those who oppose the BNP in a peaceful and unified show of mass opposition to this major national event of theirs;
- to make clear to participants in the BNP event that they are not welcome in attempting to use Amber Valley as a base for their activities;
- to attempt to make our protest seen by as many as possible of those thinking of attending the festival;
- to encourage opponents of the BNP in the Amber Valley district and wider area to continue to campaign against the divisive policies of the BNP and the violent activities of their members;
- to safeguard as much as possible the safety of those protesting.